How do I secure the Wi-Fi network I use on my CLEAR Spot 4G+ Personal Hotspot?
To protect your privacy while using wireless services, CLEAR highly recommends setting up Wi-Fi security.
Setting “Wi-Fi security” simply means setting up a wireless security password that you can share with others so that they can easily connect to your CLEAR Spot 4G+ Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Follow the steps below to set-up Wi-Fi security:
- Enter the following address in your browser’s address bar: http://192.168.0.1.
- Enter your Admin Login password.
- Click on Admin Setup.
- Create a name for your network in the Wi-Fi network (SSID) field.
- Under Set up Wi-Fi security, click on ‘More Options’ to select a Wi-Fi security type.
- Select WEP for good security, WPA for better security or WPA2 for best security
- Make sure your PC or other devices support the mode you choose
- Create and enter a personalized Wi-Fi password, (also known as a WEP or WPA Key). You may want to write it down for future reference. This is what you and your invited users will input to connect to your shared WiFi ‘Hotspot’ (network). (NOTE: Wi-Fi security should be set with a different password then your CLEAR user login since you may be sharing it with your others. )
- For even more security, uncheck the box labeled ‘Show Wi-Fi password on your device’ so that your password is not visible when you power on your device (optional).
- Click on ‘Submit’ to save your new settings.
Your CLEAR Spot 4G+ Personal Hotspot’s Wi-Fi signal should now be secure and ready to safely share with others if you choose to.