- 911 Information
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Clearwire Internet Phone Service Addendum
- Copyright (Spanish)
- Copyright Infringement Claims
- Corporate Governance
- Return and Cancellation Policy
- End User License Agreement
- Law Enforcement Requests
- Service Announcements
- SMS Terms and Conditions
- Telecommunications Relay Service
- Terms of Service
- Visitor Agreement
- Leased Device Replacement
- Do Not Contact Information
- Device Replacement Program
- Early Termination Fees
- Service Plan Pricing
- Price Compare
- 3G Coverage Charges
- Lease to Purchase
- Unlimited Plans
- Cash Payments on Account
- Coverage Area
- Coverage Maps
- 3G to 4G
Warranty/Device Replacement Program
If the device that you have leased or purchased from CLEAR is not functioning in accordance with its specifications, you may call Clearwire Technical Support (toll-free, at 877-956-4056) in order to find out how to request a replacement device of the same or comparable type and model. If the Clearwire Technical Support representative is able to verify that (A) technical troubleshooting will not improve the functionality of your leased device, (B) you are the authorized, responsible individual holding a Clearwire account that is active and in good standing (with no outstanding balance), (C) the device meets warranty qualifications (if device was purchased from CLEAR), and (D) you are not disqualified from the Program by reason of a "Disqualifying Event" (as defined below), then Clearwire will commence the following device replacement procedure:
(1) Clearwire will ship a replacement device (of the same or comparable type and model as the original device) to the street/mailing address that you have designated. Please allow approximately 2-3 business days (from communication of your eligibility to receive a replacement device) for the receipt (at such designated address) of the replacement device. A processing and/or shipping fee may apply.
(2) When the replacement device arrives, carefully unpack the device and all accompanying contents.
(3) Follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide (accompanying the replacement device) in order to set up the replacement device and to get connected to the Internet.
At Clearwire's discretion, the replacement device may be either a new device or a refurbished device. A refurbished device has undergone a stringent refurbishment process by a factory-authorized provider, with the intent of meeting the same functional requirements as a new device. You may not request to receive only a new device, and you may not pay an additional amount in order to receive a new device.
The "Disqualifying Events" that will preclude your leased device from being eligible for the Program are:
(a) Contact of the device with water, other liquid(s), food, sand, dirt or other foreign substance(s
(b) Exposure of the device to extremely high humidity, extremely hot temperatures, or extremely cold temperatures
(c) Abuse or improper handling of the device (e.g., throwing the device; dropping another object on top of the device; etc.)
(d) Any use of the device for other than its intended purpose
(e) Any attempt by you and/or a third party to alter, modify, disassemble, repair, or otherwise tamper with the device
(f) Loss or theft of the device
(g) Excessive number of device replacement requests (as determined in Clearwire's sole and reasonable discretion) within the immediately prior twelve (12)-month period; or, any fraudulent request to replace your device.
Please call Clearwire Technical Support (toll-free, at 888-888-3113) if you have any questions or problems concerning the device replacement procedure.