Do you have what it takes to be a CLEAR GAMES 2012 Champion?
From July 30th through August 12th we are hosting the CLEAR GAMES, a trivia contest for our Twitter Followers. You could win one of three amazing prizes:
Gold Prize (1st place) winner will receive a FREE CLEAR SPOT VOYAGER!
Silver Prize (2nd place) winner will receive a FREE MONTH OF SERVICE!
Bronze Prize (3rd place) winner will receive a bundle of CLEAR SWAG!
HOW CAN YOU WIN?
Questions about CLEAR products and history will be posted on: 7/30, 7/31, 8/2, 8/7, 8/9, 8/12 on our Twitter page.
Participants can gain entries in the following two ways:
- Be one of the first 5 people to correctly answer our CLEAR trivia questions and you’ll get 5 entries.
- Tweet: “I want to win a @CLEAR Spot Voyager in the #CLEARGAMES” and you’ll get 1 entry.
Stay tuned- winners will be announced on 8/14! Let the games begin.
“Clear Summer Games” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND D.C., AGE 18 OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- 1. ELIGIBILITY: The Clear Summer Games Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Clear Wireless LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
- 2. HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on July 27, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 12, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). No purchase is necessary. There are two ways to enter. #CLEARGAMES Tweets: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period, follow @CLEAR on Twitter and send the following Tweet: “I want to win a CLEAR Spot Voyager in the #CLEARGAMES”. Your Tweet must also include “@CLEAR.” There is a limit of five (5) entries via #CLEARGAMES Tweet per person and per Twitter account per day. If an entrant sends more than five (5) #CLEARGAMES Tweets during a particular day, the entrant will receive five (5) entries for that day. Trivia Question Tweets: Entrants may also enter the Sweepstakes by answering trivia questions (each, a “Trivia Question”) contained in Tweets sent by Sponsor from Sponsor’s @CLEAR Twitter account. Throughout the course of the Entry Period, approximately six (6) such Trivia Questions will be made available by Sponsor. With respect to each Trivia Question, the first five (5) entrants to send a Tweet containing the correct answer (as determined by Sponsor) in reply to Sponsor’s Tweet will receive five (5) entries. Your answer Tweet must also include “a @CLEAR.” There is a limit of five (5) entries via Trivia Question answer per person and per Twitter account per day. Sponsor tentatively expects to make Trivia Questions available on or about the following dates, but the specific dates are subject to change: July 27, 2012, July 31, 2012, August 2, 2012, August 7, 2012, August 9, 2012, and August 12, 2012. Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to add to or delete from the selection of Trivia Questions and/or to alter the quantity of entries associated with any Trivia Question at any time. Notice of any such changes will be posted on the @CLEAR Twitter page. General Entry Terms and Conditions: There is a limit of seventy (70) total entries per entrant, regardless of method of entry. Tweets must be completed and received by 11:59 p.m. PT on August 12, 2012. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply.
- 3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about August 14, 2012, one (1) potential Gold Prize winner, one (1) potential Silver Prize winner and one (1) potential Bronze Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified in the form of a private message on Twitter directed to the Twitter username used by the potential winner, and may in Sponsor’s discretion be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification within 48 hours, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. If a potential winner is a minor under the laws of his or her jurisdiction of residency, Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to award the prize to a parent or legal guardian and/or to require a parent or legal guardian to complete any required Affidavit/Release.
- 4. PRIZES: Gold Prize. The Gold Prize consists of a CLEAR Spot Voyager device. Specific prize details, components and features will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The Gold Prize does not include any accessories, insurance or device protection plan. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Gold Prize is $99.99. Silver Prize. The Silver Prize consists of one (1) free month of Clear Wireless service. The ARV of the Silver Prize is $50. If the Silver Prize winner is not already a CLEAR customer, the winner must register with the CLEAR service and review and accept CLEAR’s Terms of Service in order to activate service. After the one (1) free month of service, the service will automatically terminate, unless the winner calls CLEAR Customer Care prior to the end date of the one (1) free month of service in order to arrange for payment of continued service after that date. Bronze Prize. The Bronze Prize consists of a “CLEAR swag package” consisting of items to be determined by Sponsor. Specific prize details, components and features will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The ARV of the Bronze Prize is $25. General Prize Terms and Conditions. The total ARV of all prizes is $174.99. All federal, state, local taxes on prize value, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. The prizes will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive a prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes consist only of those items expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Prizes are awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law. User of CLEAR products and services is subject to standard terms, restrictions and conditions applicable to such products and services.
- 5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering, each entrant grants permission to the Sponsor and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use the entrant’s name, biographical information and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade and other commercial purposes, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- 6. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, successors and agents, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the operation of the Sweepstakes, the acceptance or use of a prize or the use of the entrant’s name, biographical information and/or likeness as permitted hereunder, including without limitation any and all claims and liabilities (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person or (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or right of publicity, misappropriation or violation of any other personal or proprietary right. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- 7. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules or to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time in its discretion, including without limitation in the event of any changes to the Twitter Terms of Service. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human, mechanical or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process, or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Site or the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The use of agents or automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes or if for any other reason Sponsor is not able to conduct the Sweepstakes as planned (including without limitation in the event the operation of the Sweepstakes is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted and a random drawing to award the prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
- 8. DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with (a) the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its choice/conflict of law principles, and (b) the federal laws of the United States of America. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the federal or state courts located in King County in the State of Washington, and each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules or the Sweepstakes. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Sweepstakes information provided elsewhere (including but not limited in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
- 10. WINNERS’ NAMES AND RULES REQUESTS: For the name(s) of the winner(s), available after September 4, 2012, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Clear Summer Games Sweepstakes,” 1475 120th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98005. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- 11. SPONSOR: Clear Wireless LLC, Bellevue, WA.
©2012 Clear Wireless LLC. All rights reserved.